Books & Talks
Check These Out!
A personal story illustrating narrative writing for my college freshman English class made it to market in 2007 in Chicken Soup Celebrating Mothers and Daughters. A narrative about my daughter’s “quick” birth, Through the Fog’s success gave me the confidence to pursue writing as a career.
A dream realized April 2009, my first book, Real Mothers: a Bible study about mothers for mothers, began as a Sunday morning Bible study, then developed into an outreach tool for young moms living in a mobile home community. Now it’s used primarily as a small group/personal study. Real Mothers features Eve, Sarah, Rebekah, Jochebed, Hannah, Elizabeth, Mary, and Salome coupled with practical, biblical parenting skills.
Coming SOON! Trinity: The Story of God with Us
Trinity: The Story of God with Us provides our neighbors, co-workers and family with a solid yet simple foundation for understanding the biblical Yahweh and how that impacts lives. Those who question God’s existence and influence in this world will discover how God’s triune nature is continually present and working in creation and within us.
- Trinity’s introduction narrates global scenes of poverty and strife, ending with a biblical glimpse into our world’s future.
- Twenty chapters focus on God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and how God’s story unfolds through us.
- Discussion questions are provided for each chapter.
- Endnotes and references are included.
Not only do I love to write, I love to talk. Just ask my husband. Some of the talks I’ve given include what’s listed below, but I would develop topics around your group’s theme. My fee? Whatever the Lord puts on your heart or fits into your budget. Money isn’t why I pursue this speaking ministry.
- Beautiful in His Eyes – Based upon the mother of the Old Testament prophet Samuel, this discussion shows how Hannah discarded her tears and fears to pursue peace in her identity as a daughter of God.
- Encouraging Joy – Very practical in how we find joy by encouraging others, this interactive presentation illustrates Philemon 7 with personal applications.
- The Legacy of a Mother – A perfect talk for Mother’s Day gatherings, this explores our influence as mothers and grandmothers with personal stories, audience participation, and biblical examples.
- No Hairballs in Heaven – When a cat grooms itself too much, hairballs naturally happen. Sprinkled with humor, this talk explores how pride creeps into ministry and how to extract it.
- Real Mothers – Based upon the eight mothers featured in the book [Eve, Sarah, Rebekah, Jochebed, Hannah, Elizabeth, Mary, Salome] this talk presents them with all their strengths and weaknesses.
- Shine On! – How to shine like stars when darkness surrounds or smacks us in the face, this talk connects our circumstances to Scripture: Philippians 2:14-15, John 8:12, Revelation 22:5.
- The Super Mom Myth – Or just say “No!” We’re taught to say “yes” so much of the time that we lose our priorities in over commitment. This presentation discusses boundaries accompanied by a humorous Powerpoint. Scripture includes James 5:12 and 1 Timothy 6:6-8.
- 101 Ways to Witness at Work (without getting fired) – Loaded with personal anecdotes and Scripture, this talk stretches audience participation. Definitely practical and definitely needed in sharing that we follow Christ not just on Sunday morning!