- how she pronounces, “aaaa pull saws, pleez?” (translation: “apple sauce, please?”)
- how she sings “Jesus Loves Me” in a whisper as I rock her.
- how she breaks into a smile and then laughs as FaceTime begins.
- when she studies me floating in the pool and then tries doing it, too.
- when she lets me babysit her special doll while she “cooks.”
- when she “shushes” and bounces her baby doll snuggled over her shoulder.
- when we both pat our babies’ backs and shout “burp!” and then giggle uncontrollably.
- how she entwines the blue variegated, grandma-made blankie around her tiny hand as she sucks her thumb.
- when she tosses her purse over her shoulder like her mother and gets into her molded plastic, pink car.
- when she grabs my hand and takes me to the playground.
Children’s children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children. Proverbs 17:6
Thank You, Jesus, for this gift of grandchildren. I had no idea what a blessing they are and how they make aging more rewarding. May they grow up loving, obeying, and serving You now and forever. May they continue the legacy of those in our family who are now in eternity with Jesus. Amen!